Monday, February 11, 2013

Peacock Inspired nails

                                       Hello there!!! This is my entry for my first ever nail art contest. I came across this very interesting contest at kelsiesnailfiles.com. I have a very little time as the contest closes in 5 hours. I have to choose an inspirational picture from the set of pictures on Kelsie's nail inspiration pinterest board and create a nail art inspired by the same.  Hmm..its mid night here..but I really want to enter this amazing contest. So I chose this lovely picture as my inspiration from Kelsie's nail inspiration pinterest board.



I did not want to draw the feathers. I wanted to make it easy but use all the colors. I used sponging technique to use all the colors of the peacock feathers in the above picture and here is the outcome.




Nail polishes used


Wild and mild -1- polar bear
Wild and mild - 83 - unbreakable
Wild and mild - 2 - black cat
Wild and crazy - 26
Flormar supershine miracle colors - U34
Wild and crazy- 2

Let's begin!!

1. Apply a base coat and two coats of white nail polish and let it dry completely.



2. Apply some dark blue polish to the makeup sponge and dab it on to the lower part of the nail as shown in the picture. Then take some black nail paint onto the makeup sponge and dab it around the dark blue polish.


3.  Repeat the same procedure, but with light blue polish.


4.  Now add some glitter(flormar supershine miracle colors U34)


5. some purple color and cleaning with  q- tip dipped in nail polish remover.


6.  Finally apply a top coat and you are done. Hope you liked it. Don't forget to leave your comments:)!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment